addresses cognitive and perceptual processing deficits associated with learning disabilities. Educational Therapy targets the underlying causes of learning problems, not only subject-based difficulties.
NILD Educational Therapy is founded upon the theory and research of the Mediated Learning Experience and includes 26+ techniques combined with individualized instruction for each student. NILD Educational Therapy comprehensively addresses cognitive and perceptual processing deficits that are associated with the following learning difficulties:
- Visual/Auditory Perception, Memory, or Sequencing
- Visual-Motor Integration
- Processing Speed
- Spatial and/or Temporal Relations
- Cognitive Processing with emphasis on Critical Thinking/Abstract/Logical Reasoning
- Receptive/Expressive Language Processing
- Verbal/Nonverbal Reasoning
- Specific Academic Area (Spelling, Reading, Writing, Math)
Tutoring is considered to be a specific subject area focus for short-term intervention or remediation. In addition to the 3:00-3:30 tutoring time offered by classroom teachers, students can contact HHCA’s Academic Resource Center for additional classroom support. ARC teachers can assist in matching students with tutors who meet their needs. A list of outside tutors is available upon request as well.