HHCA's Intellectually Gifted Program provides an enhanced educational experience for students who demonstrate advanced academic ability.
Goals of the Program
- Integrate and introduce new disciplines within the basic subject areas
- Promote higher-level thinking skills of Critical Thinking, Creativity, Problem Solving, and Logic.
How are students identified?
Five criteria are used to identify students for the IGP:
- Teacher evaluations- SIGS
- ITBS, and CoGAT test results falling in the 95% on 2 or more tests
- Parent evaluations
- MAP scores
- Outside testing through Dr. Cheryl Shookman ($300-$400)
Cost of program: $500 per semester
The Intellectually Gifted Program is led by Mrs. Laura Smith. Mrs. Smith received her masters in Divergent Learning and also teaches Middle School English at HHCA.