Additional Safety Measures
Wendy Cummings, HHCA's Health & Wellness Director and campus nurse, works closely with Mr. Bryant to implement many of the school's security initiatives. Wendy is an RN/BSN with experience in emergency and trauma nursing and she contributes daily to the health, safety and wellness of HHCA students.
Mrs. Cummings also coordinates additional emergency preparedness training for all HHCA faculty and staff, including CPR certification.
These security initiativees include staff and student training, education or participation in the areas of:
- Building and campus security
- First Aid
- CPR and AED
- Raptor Visitor Management System
- Risk awareness and mitigation
- Threat assessment and intervention
- Anti-bullying efforts
- Random drug testing
- Classroom training sessions
- Monthly school-wide scenario safety drills
- School bus/transportation safety
- Weather/hurricane emergency preparedness and planning