The Hilton Head Christian Academy college counseling program is delivered through our Guidance office. The objective of the program is to assist students in determining the most appropriate schedule of courses and level of placement, ensuring that graduation requirements are met, and facilitating various standardized testing opportunities, while also helping students thrive in the high school culture.
In order to ensure the best counseling support, HHCA provides each high school student with the Naviance Family Connection Service. This comprehensive college planning program assists students throughout their high school years in:
- preparing for ACT and SAT testing,
- crafting a college resume,
- facilitating the best college match, and
- providing insight on career options,
as well as other important college planning activities.
In addition to assisting students in their use of Naviance, the guidance office also performs the following services:
- Meets with students individually to determine academic goals and course schedule;
- Monitors student progress toward requirements for graduation, college admission, and NCAA eligibility;
- Assists struggling students in adjusting course choices or obtaining additional help from tutors or teachers;
- Collaborates with Academic Resource Center (ARC) to identify students with learning needs and offer the appropriate support services;
- Offers several college planning events throughout the course of the high school years such as the junior college bus tour, college workshops, test preparation strategies and courses, parent information sessions, and individual counseling.
At HHCA we emphasize that the guidance office is only one influence involved in the college placement process. The parents, church, teachers and family members all affect the choices our students make. This coincides with our mission statement, “to partner with our families by providing our students with a firm foundation, comprising a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a relentless pursuit of excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts, through which students are equipped to impact the world for His glory”. We all work together to support your student in this exciting process.