Hilton Head Christian Academy | Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God's displeasure, except by His mercy.
4. We believe that salvation is by God alone. We believe salvation is based on His grace alone, not on any human individual merit.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God's people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and to follow Him.
7. We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
8. We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
HHCA Employee Christian Role Model Statement
As an employee of Hilton Head Christian Academy, I agree with and will faithfully support the mission and goals of the Academy. I will also reflect Christian character and conduct in my personal and public life which will be above reproach and consistent with Scripture and the policies of the Academy.
As an employee of HHCA, I understand that I am called to a higher standard (James 3:1) and accept that call on my life for the purpose of faithfully representing Christ to all those with whom I come into contact. I also understand that what may appear to be permissible for me may not be appropriate conduct given my status as a mentor (Romans 14:19-20; 14:1-3) and role model to those I teach.
As a Christian mentor, I am called to edify the minds of my students and to challenge them by modeling a life consistent with the teachings of Scripture. Therefore, I agree to uphold the following: (The Scripture references included, as support for the following statements, represent only a portion of Scriptures, which could be used to support each statement).
1. Without reservation, I support the Statement of Faith of Hilton Head Christian Academy and will regard the Holy Bible as the only authority for my faith and its daily practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. As an individual believer within a community of believers, I understand that my personal witness in this community should always reflect favorably upon the Lord Jesus Christ and those with whom I serve. (Titus 2:12, 2 Peter 3:14)
3. I will continue in the regular study of Scripture and apply myself to prayer as a part of the on-going development of my Christian lifestyle. (2 Timothy 2:15-16)
4. I will faithfully attend a local Bible believing church and be under its authority. (Hebrews 10:25)
5. The Christian lifestyle is a powerful witness in a world. Therefore, my personal and private life will be consistent with biblical truth and life. (Ephesians 5:1-4, 10-12, 14)
6. In regards to gender and sexuality, the Academy holds to the historical, traditional teaching of the church. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24, Romans 1). I will faithfully commit to model a lifestyle that is in accord with this teaching.
7. In the event that I find myself in conflict with fellow believers or the policies, as stated in the Hilton Head Christian Academy Policy Manual, I will follow principles of Scripture such as Matthew 18:15-17 to resolve those conflicts. Knowing that God abhors the sowing of discord among believers (Proverbs 6:16-19), I will refrain from gossip or any speech, which is perceived to be injurious to the Academy or to those who also participate in this ministry. (Philippians 2:3, 2 Timothy 2:14, 24)